Servings: 4 (makes about 8 cups)
- 1 bunch oregano
- 1 bunch thyme
- 1 1” piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 1” piece turmeric, peeled, grated
- ½ teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- ¼ cup honey, preferably raw
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime or lemon juice
- Lightly whack oregano and thyme with a wooden spoon to bruise and release oils.
- Heat herbs, ginger, turmeric, peppercorns, and 8 cups water in a medium saucepan until an instant-read thermometer registers around 130°—it should be uncomfortably hot to the touch (do not let it boil).
- Reduce temperature to low and let mixture steep 6 minutes.
- Add garlic, honey, almond milk, and citrus juice, stirring to dissolve honey.
- Strain into a pitcher or large heatproof container, pushing on the herbs to squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Divide among mugs.