- 1 2″ piece peeled ginger
- 1 1″ piece peeled turmeric (optional)
- 1 sprig mint, lightly bruised
- 1 sprig tarragon, lightly bruised
- 2 tablespoons (or more) fresh lemon juice
- 1 full dropper Quantum Cold & Flu Liquid Extract (about 1/4 tsp.)
- 1 full dropper elderberry liquid extract (about 1/4 tsp.)
- Splash of unsweetened cranberry juice (not from concentrate)
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Finely grate some of ginger and turmeric, if using, then, using the back of a chef’s knife, crush remaining ginger and turmeric (the crushed roots add a lot of flavor and can be reused).
- Combine ginger, turmeric, mint, tarragon, lemon juice, Quantum Cold & Flu extract, elderberry extract, cranberry juice, and cayenne in a 1-qt. glass jar. Fill jar with water and add more lemon juice, if desired. Drink immediately (add ice, if desired), or chill overnight for even more flavor.